Pages

Friday 11 September 2015

9, Anti Roll Bar


So I ordered the anti roll bar and here it is - but how to fit it?


There are seemingly no holes that match - I think the green supporting brackets will need to be drilled through the end of the chassis - but the ends  ? there is only one hole in each stub axle but two in each roll bar bracket?!?!  After consultation with members of the forum it would appear that the green brackets do go through the end of the chassis rail - but the photos I was sent seem to have brackets to mount the roll bar - so this isn't clear..... Jon's help is required again I think!

I do keep wondering why the instructions aren't more detailed - surely they must get sick of people asking the same questions all the time - or maybe its just me.....hey ho - they are always happy to help seemingly.

So finally spoke to the workshop manager and all becomes clear - the rectangular brackets on the bar are not for my chassis - these are for GEN 1 chassis - so they are to be removed and then it will just fine into the holes into the bracket on the stub axle!  good....can get on and do this now.....The green brackets are then bolted to the chassis rails.

This is where its a pain being so close to the floor


And there we have it - All fitted - easy when you know how!

No comments:

Post a Comment