Pages

Thursday 18 August 2016

21. Seat belts

 So I added the brackets in the boot for the seatbelt top mounts - I had a bit of a faf finding the holes on the cockpit side - despite measuring them I still was a good 10mm off when i drilled through.  I opened the holes up and then left the eyelet in place and filled the sides to make it neater -looks ok in the end.
First eyelet screwed in and was the correct orientation when tight - I did think at the time "that was lucky".....

Then I did the second one, It was about 30deg out of alignment so I added a washer and then tried again - hey presto its pretty much flush also....all good....

Will have to buy some seatbelt at some point -i like the LUKE ones with the large metal clasp but i heard these were not legal in the eyes of the IVA?  not sure need to investigate - i just don't like the big black plastic clasps with the red button (like on all other cars)....but as all cars have that type does make me think this is probably the only type allowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment