Pages

Thursday 18 August 2016

22. Horn

So to fit a horn.....as I work in automotive we were trialling out a selection of horns and thus had many to throw away - so waste not want not one was fitted to the Cobra from the bin.

I
So I looked at the AK horn and it was fitted to the body but I thought I would fit mine to the rad bar as it was easier to tap it to screw in and also the horn is quite heavy and will vibrate a lot so thought this was best....so on it went.

I then realised that i have either lost or thrown out the connector from the steering column for the horn - balls!

So I frigged a splice crimp onto it - not sure it will be good in the long run but I am hoping to find the connector somewhere!  
Anyway I tried it (still have old BMW wheel fitted at the mo) and HONK HONK it works so another job done.

No comments:

Post a Comment