Pages

Saturday 15 April 2017

33. Interior

So I decided to go with AK for the interior as i have seen their work and its good - so at least I can see what I get.

I chose black and I want a very minimal colour scheme - black and red with bits of Chrome but as minimal a possible as I'm not a huge chrome fan (wrong car to build then hey!!!).

So order was placed in Jan as soon as they were open....as I write this it is mid way through April and looks like its going to be may  - so 5 months!  so be aware....I think the trimmer has been ill so hasn't helped but till plan in advance - mine should just be ok but isn't far off holding me up!.

I went for perforated leather and apparently this looked better - but it does mean that you need to buy the deluxe interior as this comes with two hides so they get one solid and one perforated....more dosh!  as usual!!!

So as the interior was taking ages to arrive and asked for the carpet to be sent in advance - a tip from another blog....

Carpeting isnt that bad but is tricky around the many corners and edges - the glue is rather sticky also so you have to be pretty accurate when you make contact - I found the bulkhead really really hard to do on my own but managed - there is a slight crease in the rear of the bulkhead but as I have the leather bulkhead cover this isn't an issue.

Looks way way better with some carpet on!!1




So after nearly 6 months - yes 6!  so order early....the interior is here....didnt take me long to fit as I got AK to send the carpet early so I fitted that before the rest of it arrived.

Looks great - very happy with it......now on to the last bits and bobs to get it all ready!!!






After putting it all back together I thought I would start it and see how it felt to be in a seat for a change.....but it wouldn't start!  what the hell......

So after a small amount of cursing I was thinking what it could be - everything powered and the pump primed but when starting all I got was the starter solenoid chattering and everything switched off and reset - thus low voltage.

Battery wasn't changed long ago so tried boosting it from my car but still not luck so that can't be it...

All I had done is remove the dash and replace it and also loosen the earth at the back when tidying the battery cabled up.  All the dash etc all seemed to work so couldn't see it being that as some other function would also have not worked so the earth?  Looks ok - but i loosened it off and realised that the carpet was stuck between the earth and the chassis -thus very poor ground and obviously couldn't supply the current required for starting - so its back running again!  thanks go for that.






No comments:

Post a Comment