Pages

Saturday 15 April 2017

30. Build up after paint.

So its all painted and now to build back up - I'm struggling for time as usual but a few early (4am) starts and I got on with it.

The paint is REALLY easy to scratch - i.e. ever wiping off some dust can scratch it as its still very soft...so within 2 days I had a number a scuffs and chips - nightmare - but thats how it goes.

The stuff all goes back on quite easily and much faster than the first time obviously.....

Lights, wipers (what a bugger the wiper motor is to fit - and it went the wrong way again so I had to strip it and alter the park location again like i did the first time - I don't get this as it was working correctly so I am obviously altering where it park via some way that I am not realising - anyhow an hour or so and it was all sorted again.  Trying to make sure the wiring is tidy takes a while and making everything neat....as I'm sure IVA will look for it but also It would nag me if I knew it wasn't right...










Side vents also needed fitting as these had never been on yet - so here they are,....relatively simple but tricky on one side as they brake servo etc is difficult to get around.

When you only have one pair on hands and need two - you find a way!!!





I also fitted the roll hoop escutcheon plates  - I knew I wasn't happy with the fixings but i carried on fitting them.....the result:


The fixing heads stick proud of the surface and they are hard to counter sink correctly..
So.....off with them all again and start again.


Better!!.........


Then for a scary bit - adding the badge.  I drilled the holes in the body and prayed that they were going to be central and OK!!!!

Luckily t looks fine - just added some silicon underneath to ensure it stays there.







No comments:

Post a Comment