Pages

Saturday 15 April 2017

32. Wheels

So I looked to see who people use...AK recommend Image wheels but people also use Vinage Wheels in the USA.

I contacted both....Bob at Vintage are back with a long description and prices offsets (he knew all of them) etc, very comprehensive.

I then spoke to Image wheels...and what a strange convorsation this was - i asked about offsets and before I knew it I was pretty much accused of stealing Ak designs....I did state that AK had just told me to call him but he said he couldn't give out off set information.  I then said i didn't care about the offsets as long as they fit!  he thanks said ok and seemed to calm down and said "look at the website and choose then Ill give you a price"....didnt really seem bothered and after a few more toys to engage it wasn't happening so I ended the call saying ill look at the website.....they aren't getting my money.

So back to Bob it was  - very very helpful and the wheels are the ones I preferred as they are Shelby branded etc and look the business.  After parting with a few pennies I have placed an order - i will await to see when they arrive - about 3 weeks apparently.

I chose 17" 407's Chrome with black centres....should look great with my red black and chrome colour scheme.


So for now I have not fitted the spinners as they are not IVA approved so they will stay off.  I must say after visiting AK to pick up my interior these are much much nicer (in my opinion) than the Image ones that they use so for me the correct decision!


Got some matching conti sport contacts on them 255/50/17 and 225/45/17 front - even saved a few hundred quid as I know someone who works for conti!..




No comments:

Post a Comment