Pages

Friday 29 April 2016

18, Immo

So as I have removed the steering column lock form the car (due to worries of it engaging whilst driving) I will be fitting an immobiliser as my IVA required 2nd form of immobilisation.

So I bought a Sterling Excel immobiliser and have fitted it in a secret place!

The think came with no wiring instructions but eventually found the following details:

Geen 2x GND (KL31)
Red +12V Perm (KL30)
Orange  +12V Ign Switched (KL15)
Blue - 1st brake relay of the immo
White - 2nd break relays of the immo - this one must be powered at all times the car is running and then off when it is stopped - this is used to 'tell' the system that the engine is off so to start the immo again.
Yellow - Door catch or a switch to make the immo look for the transponder.

I had all this set up and the door ajar and transponders all worked fine but the isolating circuits did not seem to work - when I measured continuity through them they were always connected.....seemed odd.....but then realised they were relays inside so I needed some current draw to hold the relay in - with a bulb slaved on as a load it all works - so on to fitting it to my chosen circuits.....

Sorry no pics of this install!!!

The Drivers door button solution is as below.....

I had a push to break switch lying around

So I used this to make and break a contact to GND - this means that as the door is open the with links to GND and allows the immo to look for the transponder.

The switch comes with one fixing which I found to be wholly inadequate.  So I had to make a metal bracket over the back to support the plunger side - otherwise this was flexing and causing the switch not to work.  Annoyingly this meant that the single fixing that I had hidden behind the door seal would now need to have friend in the middle of the body panel....argh....well its countersunk so should not be visible when finished.







No comments:

Post a Comment